Since 2008 Maher Maso has proudly served as Mayor of the City of Frisco, named by the U.S. Census Bureau as the fastest growing city in the country in the last decade. Under Mayor Maso’s administration, the City of Frisco has received dozens of awards and attributions including:
- Money Magazine “Best Places to Live List”
- Men’s Journal “Best Place To Raise An Athlete”
- Forbes.com “Top 10 Places to Relocate”
- Allstate “Safe and Secure Communities List”
First as a council member and now as Mayor, Maher Maso works to further Frisco’s economic development and business growth, with a focus on innovation. Under his leadership, city initiatives have resulted in the creation of more than 60,000 new jobs, and positioned the City of Frisco as a hub of first class entertainment, sports and sports medicine. Other projects have included:
- Partnered with the Dallas Cowboys to create a unique and innovative 91 acre development “the Star” in Frisco.
- Established the “5 Billion Dollar Mile,” a major urban mixed use center involving national and international partners.
- Created the S.A.F.E.R. System (Situational Awareness For Emergency Response). The first system of its kind to integrate public safety into schools and large venues such as stadiums, and malls.
In addition to his work in government and the private sector, Mayor Maso volunteers his time on a wide variety of boards and commissions including: The Collin College Education Foundation, The North Texas Commission, and the board of Plano Presby Hospital. Mayor Maso was appointed by then Governor Rick Perry to the Texas Select Committee on Economic Development and the Red River Boundary Commission and is a Past president of the Metroplex Mayors Association.
Mayor Maso is committed to creating innovative ideas and then bringing together the people, resources and plans to make them happen. He has received numerous award and honors including:
- Chamber of Commerce. “Citizen of the Year”
- Collin County Business “21 Leaders for the 21st Century”
- Global Chamber Dallas “ Elected Official of the Year”
In addition to his public service, Mayor Maso brings more than thirty years of experience as an entrepreneur in land development, retail and technology. He is a regular keynote speaker, with an enthusiasm for bringing the lessons of the City of Frisco to others. He has spoken for:
- Collin County Business Alliance
- Dubai Sustainable Cities Conference
- British/American Business Council
- Inc. 500 Conference
He has been interviewed by Newsweek, The Economist, The Wall Street Journal, The Dallas Business Journal, Dallas Morning News, and The New York Times, CNN, PBS, NPR, and MSNBC, among others.
Maher received his MBA from the University of Texas at Arlington. Committed to ongoing education, Maso has also attended 500+ hours in government training including:
- State Certified Public Funds Investment Officer
- Graduate Certificate in Asian Business Studies
- Senior Officials Workshop for WMD / Terrorism Incident Preparedness
- Emergency Management Training – Role of Voluntary Agencies
Maso is married and the proud parent of three children and has called Frisco home since 1992.